Ho’Oponopono is an Hawaiian practice that means essentially to get right with one’s ancestors, or to make right with the people with whom you have relationships. I found it to be a beautiful practice and very healing. I share here with you the essentials of the practice. It is the Hawaiian code of Forgiveness, and it’s an important thought, because when we forgive others, who are we really forgiving? Ourselves, of course.
Think about it. There is a saying that I use each and every time I do the healing work that I do in practicing energetic work. “People are always only doing the best they can with the tools they have available to them at the time.” We learn, and we learn daily, and then we can make a different choice. But I do believe that people are always doing the best they can with the tools they have available at the time, no matter what.
Here is the practice:
1. Bring to mind anyone with whom you do not feel total alignment or support.
2. In your imagination, see a small platform and place the person on that platform below you.
3.Imagine now an infinite source of love and healing flowing from above you from your Higher Self, opening up the top of your head, and allowing the love and healing to flow down through your body. Check with the person on the platform and with your higher power, and make sure it is all right to heal the person, and that they will accept the healing. Feel this loving, healing energy in your own heart, and as it flows, feel it expand and overflow………. onto the person on the platform.
4. As the flow ebbs, have a discussion with the person on the platform, and forgive them, and ask that they forgive you. The words are, ” I love you”, “I forgive you”, and “Thank you.”
5. The situation or person should begin to soften and fade, or float away. Do this with any person with whom you do not feel aligned, and repeat the process until you sense you have let go of the issue.
6. Sometimes, and often this is the case, the person we need to forgive is ourselves. It may be very important to put yourself on the platform, seeing yourself at different ages, and forgiving yourself. Remember, we are always doing the best we can with the tools we have at the time. Please love yourself, forgive yourself for any perceived “wrong”, and let it go.
I found a little stamp the other day that I had purchased years ago, and just stuck in a drawer. It is a rubber stamp that will stamp onto the paper a figure of an angel, sprinkling hearts and stars! I am stamping today this message to you with much Light of many stars………..Love is all there is. Let the rest go.